Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Tired of middle school

I am so fed up with middle school.  Today they had my son call me to tell me that he is missing 2 assignments in social studies. I asked my son ok where are they and he apparently has lost them and doesn't know where they are. So then his teacher gets on the phone to tell me that they just wanted him to call and let me know that he is missing 2 assignments. So i ask if he is missing anything else and the teacher didn't know but said he would find out and i also asked if the teacher could give him the assignments again and that way he can at least get some credit and he said he would ask the other teacher and then let me know. The reason i am a little irritated about this is i feel like having my son call me in the middle of class time is pointless and is taking away from the time that should be spent teaching him. Also what if i was at work and had a job and i get a call from school i would naturally answer it thinking that it could be an emergency but then for it to be nonsense like this. And the thing that also bothers me is that it wasn't even the teacher that he has the missing assignments for that got on the phone so the teacher was not very helpful either. All of his teachers have my phone number and email address so if it was so important for me to inow this information then i feel like the teacher that has the missing assignments should be the one to take the time and talk to me since she was the one who wasted my time with a pointless phone call. I went to the parent teacher meeting and they told me that they feel like he is not able to do the assignments but it seems as if they are dragging their feet on getting him the necessary help that they say he needs. They have a no backpacks in classrooms policy which i feel is stupid because to me he would better be able to keep track of his things and not lose his assignments if he was allowed to keep them in his backpack. We even got him a binder the one with different places that would hold all his folders and paper and a pencil keeper and he was told that he wasnt allowed to use that either. My hands are tied and i dont know what else to do to help him be organized when everything that we do is not allowed. I wish he could be in a private Christian school because i feel he would thrive so much better than he is drowning in public school. But we really cant afford it. I can only put it in God's hands and ask Him to give me the wisdom on how to handle these situations when they arise.

No comments:

Post a Comment