Saturday, June 28, 2014

The devil's 4th attempt to kill me

I was 9 years old and I woke up that day just like any other day and got out of bed and went in to the kitchen for breakfast.   Only on this day I wasn't expecting that my day would go so horribly wrong.   After breakfast I started to feel a little queasy so I told my mom and she had me lay down on the couch and watch cartoons hoping that whatever it was would pass and that I would be okay.   After laying there awhile my head started to hurt and I told my mom that I had a headache so she felt my head and said I felt a little warm to her so she took my temperature.   I was running a low grade temperature (under 101) so she gave me some children's Tylenol and I layed back down. The peace didn't last long because my stomach started churning and I ran to the bathroom and my breakfast came back up. My mom came to my side and cleaned me up and put me back on the couch.  She got made me some jello water to sip on and a trashcan for just in case.   The longer I layed there the worse I felt.   My head started hurting worse and nothing I drank would stay down.  My mom took my temperature again and it was rising (102).  She called my dad (she got married when I was 4 and that is who will forever be my dad) who was at work and told him that they needed to get me to the emergency room because my temperature was spiking and I wasn't holding anything down.   He hurried home and they rushed me to the emergency room, by now the pain in my head was so bad it hurt to move or even open my eyes.   The nurse at the emergency room came to the car and got me in a wheelchair and rushed me straight into a room because my doctor had called ahead and they were waiting for me.  The movement of the wheelchair was so painful in my head that all I could do was cry.  They took my vitals as soon as they got me on the bed and found the my temperature had spiked to 105 degrees (yes you read that right) they immediately started trying to get my temperature down. They took blood samples and tried starting an IV.   My veins were so small and were I was dehydrated did not help at all and on top of that the 2 nurses that they had starting the IV I do not believe were the brightest of the staff.  After several attempts they finally got the IV in and then the one nurse reached over the other nurse to "help" her turn on the IV and she accidentally ripped the IV out of my arm before the other nurse had taped it down. At this point my mom was outraged so both nurses walked out and they brought in an anesthesiologist who popped the IV right in.  The doctors ordered a spinal tap to be done, which is extremely painful and they had to tap 3 times to get what they needed for the test. When the results finally came back they had determined that I had Spinal Meningitis.  The doctor called the children's hospital and they transferred me there by ambulance.   I stayed in the hospital for a week with an IV running high powered antibiotics going through it, but still the spinal meningitis was there and the doctors told my parents that there was nothing more that they could do for me.  They sent me home and my mom immediately called in prayer warriors because she refused to allow me to die. People came to pray and I was anointed with oil and prayed for.  The next morning I woke up and I was completely and perfectly fine.  I had been healed.  My doctor was amazed that I was alive and that I had no side affects, not even brain damage, nothing.  Again the devil had lost another battle against my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment