Tuesday, June 17, 2014

The little things in life

Sometimes my days are filled with the hectic sounds of, "mommy she took my stuff, he/she hit me, no he/she hit me first, he/she is looking at me" or when having to ride in the car at time it is "mommy he/she is looking out my window, are we there yet, I need to use the bathroom, I'm thirsty or their touching my part of the seat". Now God has blessed me to be able to raise 10 children (3 born of my tummy and 7 born of my heart) and I have loved each one the same and with unconditional love, even when they were teenagers and on my last have a nerve.  Togther we have made some good memories and we have also had some not so good memories, but as a family you have to learn to take the good with the bad.  I think Jesus taght us that with the disciples.  They were kind of like bratty kids at times and rebellious teenagers.   I mean thunk about it. Jesus is in the garden praying so hard that he is sweating blood and all he asked the disciples to do was to stay awake and the minute his back is turned they totally zonk out.  Then you have they time when the little kids were teying to get cloae to Jesus and the disciples were like "go away little kid" and Jesus was like "no let them come to me" Then then one disciple Judus betrays him for money and then look at Peter he denied him three times like he was embarrassed of him.  Just like if you showed up at your kids high school and they was hanging with their cool friends and here you walk in and one of their friends says "ain't that your daddy" and your are looking around and you spot your dad in that hawiian shirt, with khaki shorts, black socks and his Sunday dress shoes waving at you like a nerd, he is straight up gonna be lije nope and turn around and walk away. So I really do feel that even though Jesus did not biologically have children while He was here on earth (although yes Jesus is God's Son) he knew what it was like to deal with kids because he had to put up with the 12 disciples.  I have 3 left at home and really sometimes it doesn't feel any different than it did when there was 6 in the house at once and sometimes 8.  My quite times now during the summer are at 6:30 am when my husband leaves for work and the kids are still asleep. I get my hot cup of coffee and sit in my comfy chair in the living room and write my blog, pray, read the Bible and praise the Lord.  I think sometimes we tend to forget to thank God for the little things in our life but, we continue to ask or expect more and more just like our kids do sometimes.  When in a confrontation with my children I start out by looking at it as if is this something that really matters or am I just trying to get them to do it my way even though if they do it their way it is still the right way.  Now I am by no means saying that if you have told your child to do something a specific way and they refuse to do then that is ok because that is not ok because that is letting the devil get a foot hold in on rebellion and that is of the sin of witchcraft.  What I am saying if that if you give them a job to do think about it before you aproach them, your kids might really surprise you because sometimes they really have some good ideas. I will be up front and honest with you I am not the perfect mother and my children grown or otherwise are not perfect but, we are a family.  There are 3 of our children who are grown who have decided that they want to be independent and have nothing to do with us or God. We continue to pray for them and love them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment