Friday, September 29, 2017

Parent teacher meeting

Ok so I went to meet with Daltons teachers and the principal because he is failing almost all of his classes. He is very unorganized when it comes to bringing his supplies to class. All of his teachers said that they real like him and that he does not have any behavior problems. I went to the truck after the meeting and I broke down and cried because I feel like as a mother I failed him somehow somewhere. But then after thinking about it I know that it was not something that I personally did it's just that he learns differently and needs the extra help. I am by no means ashamed of this at all and the school so extremely helpful. It just also made me more angry at my step daughter because of her drug use and alcohol use while she was pregnant with him knowing that this could potentially hurt him and then now her still being selfish and continuing to do the things that she does. I just have to breathe and Let It Go and it is extremely hard for me right now. This is just another step to raising children it's not something that I have ever had to go through because all of our other children did fine and school and now I'm just having a hard time wrapping my head around something new. I know that my husband will handle this better than I have because he had to deal with a learning disability and I love him as I love my son and I by no means feel that he is any less of a person because people don't understand that just because you learn differently makes you ignorant. All of my children are intelligent and just because they learn differently does not make evening any of them any less in my eyes. I might eventually need to sit down and talk to someone about how I'm feeling because I don't want to get overwhelmed. I don't want to go and see a psychiatrist and be put on medication and junk like that I just want to sit down with someone so they can spiritually advise me on how I need to handle the situation. I I am feeling better as far as how I feel about myself I keep the house clean and have dinner waiting on my husband and children when I get home and then I spend time with them after they get home. I don't seem to find joy in the things that I used to find joy in like going and getting my nails done and stuff like that which I guess is a growing for me I don't know. Now I just have to wait and sit down and talk to Dalton and let him know that the meeting with his teachers went good and that they're going to get him some help with school so that way he can get his education and do good because he really does want to do good in school and I think it really bothers him because he's trying so hard and he doesn't understand the work and he gets frustrated and I can understand that because as an adult I get frustrated when I can't do something so I can understand how he can as a sixth grader get frustrated.

No comments:

Post a Comment