Monday, January 2, 2017

Bubble bathes are overrated!

OK so I think that bubble bathes are way overrated.  You just sit there in bubbles bored out of your mind. People say oh but they are so relaxing and help melt away the stress.  Not for me they don't, I sit there and my mind races doing ninety like a kid with ADHD.  Then sitting for a while I start getting leg cramps and then my butt goes numb and then the bubbles start to disappear and then I am left sitting in cold water. I decided to take a book with me to read but I forgot to take my glasses with me and I couldn't remember where they are so I couldn't get one of the kids to bring them to me either. I also took my drink with me but it got hot sitting. Then I couldn't get my mind to slow down to even rest.  I thought about taking a nap in the tub but, I was afraid I would drown in the water. That is definitely not the way I want to go, naked in a tub of water. Sitting there all I could think of was all the stuff that I need to do but, I don't have  the energy to do. Like finish the last load of laundry, switch my clothes out of my old dresser and into my new dresser so I can put Dalton's clothes into my old dresser after I go through them to see what still fits him.  If my body had even half the energy that my mind does I would be really doing good.  I am by no means Martha Stewart or Susie Homemaker but my home is clean, cluttered but not dirty.  I have awesome ideas and plans although sometimes the energy is just not there to complete or even start them.  So as I sat in the bubble bath resting with my mind racing, just thinking about everything that need to be done or that I wanted to do, that I became even more depressed about not doing or being able to do it.  Life sometimes makes me want to scream.  I am bored with all that is going on or not going on. I feel stuck in Kentucky with life seeming to be on hold and it seems like not being able to live because we miss home so much. Then there is this house that seems to always need cleaning because the older the kids get the worse they are at helping to keep their things picked up.  The lack of sunshine is causing me to be further depressed, which is a scientific proven fact. So for me bubble bathes do nothing for me, but sitting in the sun refreshes me and that is why it is better for me to live in the tropical state of Florida than in the depressing state of Kentucky and why bubble bathes are overrated.

No comments:

Post a Comment