Saturday, August 12, 2017

Confusion

As I sit here today I am so confused. I know that beyond a shadow of a doubt that by being obedient to God and paying tithes that we have done the right thing and I by no means regret doing so and we will continue to do so. When you pay tithes you are opening the windows of heaven for God to be able to bless you. Ok now for the confusion, my husbands job has cut his hours and our gas light is on and we won't have the gas to go to church on Sunday. He doesn't get paid until Monday so that isnt going to help us right now. You hear stories all the time about people walking up to people and handing them money and saying that God told them to and those are wonderful to hear. I just don't understand why we are struggling so bad financially when we are doing the right things.  They preach in church that christians should not be living in poverty because poverty is a curse and I believe that is true. We have prayed against it and my husband is doing everything he can to find work so he can support his family because that is the right thing to do but it seems that the harder we tey the further down we are pushed. Are far as our walk with God we are closer than we have been in a long while. We are thankful for a running vehicle, food on the table, clothes on our backs, shoes on our feet and a roof over our heads. But we are lacking financially to be able to get gas for our vehicle and purchase household supplies. I guess I am just wondering when we are going to get a break and see things turn around in our favor. We stand strong in knowing that God works everything out always and not in our timing but in his timing. I am by no means doubting God I am just human and I am confused and I really dont understand why this is happening to us. I had a friend say that we should get together sometime foe lunch and its not like I can say to her that I am broke and cant afford it because that is embarrassing. We have a daughter that is strung out on drugs in another state and she calls begging for money and we are not going to send her money for drugs so all we can do is pray for her. Even if we had money we would not send it to her because we will not support her habit. We are raising 2 of her 5 kids without any financial support from her or anyone else and we are constantly having to scrape together money for their needs. When are we going to catch a break? We are doing all the right things and we continue to be beat down. Our son is playing football. Today is their first game. Someone donated cleats because the ones he had were baseball cleats. Now we have to scrape together the money for him pants and a mouth guard. When my husband gets paid Monday we will have just enough to pay tithes, get gas, pay a bill and get his stuff and then we will be broke again. I don't understand why we have to be broke constantly when we are doing what we are supposed to be doing. My husband wants a full time job and he is a hard worker. McDonald's told him that when school started that he would get 40 hours a week but they are giving him less and less hours every day. All I do know is that God will make a way and work it all out but, in the meantime I still sit here confused but knowing that I will never turn back or back down.

No comments:

Post a Comment