Saturday, January 4, 2020

Chatty Charles

Man, so much has happened since I last made a post. We are living in what I call transitional housing. By that, I mean that we are living in a 2 bedroom house in the ghetto. We are counting down the days until we get our taxes back so that way we can put a down payment on a 5 bedroom rent to own house in a good neighborhood. Also, I have gone back to college. I am studying to get my Bachelor's degree in Business Administration with a specialization in Entropanuralship. I am in a Science class right now that I hate with a passion. I have no idea what Science has to do with my degree but, I'm taking it and I hate it. I believe that I have complained about it every day for the past 3 weeks. Thank god I only have 2 and a half weeks left of it. My graduation date is exactly 1 year away and I will be very glad because I want to say that I have actually completed what I started. Christmas has come and gone and it was okay I guess. For some reason, it just didn't feel like it should. I mean we went through the motions of putting up the tree, decorating, wrapping gifts, exchanging gifts and dinner but, it just felt like something was missing. We were financially able to get each other the things that we wanted to and that was a nice feeling. I love being able to see something that I think someone would like and being able to get it for them. We got his mom a red purse with studs on it and I thought that she was going to cry. She absolutely loved it and she shows it off to everyone she sees. She told me that it is the nicest purse that she has ever had. We also got his dad a leather coat that was lined with sherpa and he loved it. He put it on and wore it around the house. He is so proud of his jacket. That made me feel really good to be able to do something for someone that meant so much to them. We got Kia-Leigh art supplies, clothes, and a Chromebook. Dalton got a PS4, games, and clothes and Luther got a jacket, blanket and beard supplies. I was able to get my hubby a 357 magnum, clothes, and various other things and he got me a Chromebook, a laptop, clothes, a purse, a 380 gun, boots and a lot of other things. I know that Christmas is about more than presents but, I like buying things for others. We had a shooting on the street where we are right now and someone got shot this time. We have heard gunshots almost every night for about 3 weeks now. The police had the street blocked off and for us, it was just to close to home. The other morning I woke up and fixed myself a cup of coffee and took it with me to the bathroom because I needed to use the potty. I was sitting there with my coffee in one hand and my vape in the other and I just started laughing because I thought of how many times when dad was alive that he would go to the bathroom every morning with a cup of coffee and a cigarette. It is funny how memories like that just pop up out of nowhere. It seems like every time my hubby calls his mom she and his dad are always playing cards. They play rummy all the time. Well since Christmas now that we have 2 computers me and my hubby play canasta online all the time. I was laughing about it earlier and I told him that while his mom and dad play cards old school we have gone high tech with our card games. It is so funny how things have changed so much in the world. We were talking about how it seems that you really don't have to leave your house for anything anymore. You can work from home, order food to be delivered, have your groceries delivered, pay bills online and do online banking. I told him that it doesn't bother me really because I don't like to get out much anymore because of my many illnesses. Some days are good and then others I can't even get out of bed. Well, I think that my hubby is getting sleepy because he is getting really chatty. When he gets like this we call him Chatty Charles. It is a running joke that I and the kids have. So I am going to close for now and since I have more time on my hands I am going to start writing more and even try to finish the book that I started years ago. I am going to try and use this year as a time to complete things that I have started.

No comments:

Post a Comment