Friday, January 24, 2020

clearing your mind

Many people use different techniques to clear their minds. I use blogging because once I get everything that is swimming around in my head out in the open I can concentrate on whatever I need to do. For instance, I am trying to do my homework but, I cannot get my mind to quiet down long enough for me to concentrate on the lessons. So, I have to take a few minutes to stop and clear all the junk out of my head. Yesterday was a bad fibro flare-up and I was in bed most of the day. I hate when that happens because I feel as though I am floating through a fog. On top of all of this, we are cooped up in a tiny little house on top of each other and that doesn't help because it is really not healthy to a person's anxiety level to have to be in everyone's face 24/7. The end is so close I can almost touch it. Tax papers are sent out and now we are just waiting for them to come in the mail and then we file and hurry up and wait for the money to hit our bank account and then we can get moved in and settled into our new home. My son told me that it is like being in jail and you are counting down the days until you are set free. I have to agree with him on that one. My husband feels bad because we are stuck in this rut but like I told him, no one is to blame it is just something that we had to do until we are able to move. I understand that everyone hates this house but, I also know that we didn't want to move a bunch of times while waiting to be able to move into the house that we are buying. It's crazy because it seems like my mind is consumed with nothing but, the new house. I dream about it and everything. On another note, I just finished 2 more classes in my college journey. I finished both classes with a B. I was not happy about it because I wanted to get all A's but, I have to be content to know that I did my best and I did receive a good grade. Another thing that is consuming my thoughts right now is that I am in extreme pain due to back problems and fibro. I went to the pain doctor and they want to try a procedure that involves injecting lidocaine into the facet joints to numb the nerves to see if that helps the pain. If that works they want to burn the nerves to block the pain for about 6-12 months. I did some online research about this and they claim that it is 60%-80% effective on most patients. Although, I have talked to some people that say they had it done and it did not help them and that after the procedure they were in more pain. I am extremely nervous about this because I just really want the pain to ease up because it is getting to a level that is unbearable for me. I really don't know what to do but, I do know that they have the procedure scheduled for Jan. 31st. at 9AM. I feel like if I don't agree with the procedure then they are not going to help me with controlling the pain and then I will just have to sit in constant pain for the rest of my life.  Well, I better close, for now, I have school work to do and putting it off will not get it done.

No comments:

Post a Comment