Tuesday, March 19, 2019

OCD and other stuff that sucks

 Having a form of OCD really does suck because it is the weirdest things that will bother you.  For me I do have my quirky little things that bugs me like for instance cabinet door.  I cannot stand to have the cabinet doors left open.  Or drawers left open.  Also the chairs need to be pushed in and I have a certain place that the trash can goes and all the mops and brooms.  I have certain things put in certain places and placed a certain way and when someone doesn't place them back the way that I had them it really makes me a nervous wreck.  Seeing people with a pimple, blackhead or hairs that need plucked.  I don't know, I am definitely not a perfectionist because things are not perfect about me or my house but, growing up my Mom would say, "there's a place for everything and you need to put everything in it's place".  Growing up hearing this so much just kind of got me used to putting things back where they go instead of just sitting them anywhere and then when you go back later on not knowing or remembering where you put them.  My husband does not subscribe to my philosophy by any means.  I have been working on him for 20 years and I have not been able to get it into his head that if he puts things in one place and then he would know where it was when he went back to find them.  In some aspects he is slowly changing little by little.  For instance he will put his car key in the same spot every time now.  For me that is a big change for him because he was really bad about losing his keys and then he would have everyone in the whole house searching for where he willy nilly just tossed them.  This has been a great feat for me to get him this far because it has absolutely drove me up wall because I was so tired of looking for his keys all the time.  OK other things that get on my nerves, there are days when I really don't even feel like doing anything but curling up on the couch or in my bed and watching TV all day or even sleeping.  But today is another one of those days that this is not going to happen.  Yesterday I had to take the hubby and son to work because I had to have our lawn mower to the shop to be serviced for this years mowing season.  Today my daughter wakes up sick so I have to take her to the doctor and take myself somewhere to get checked because I am starting to develop bronchitis.  My son had strep throat on Thursday and I really think I caught something from him and I think my daughter might have caught something too.  Well I am going to have to cut this short today because of having to do 50 million things today.  I finished watching Prison Break last night because they showed their finale episode.  I am heart broke because that was an awesome show.  I am watching the Voice right now I absolutely love that show to.  Well time to close for now so wish me luck for the day.  Peace and Love to all my family and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment